Educational Volunteers Sprint
Do you dream of a future where we have robots roving around, helping our planet? Similar to a real-life version of Wall-E? What if there was something akin to a WE movement, but for grassroots robotics?
With your help, this can become a reality.
At Robot Missions, we are empowering communities to tackle environmental challenges with the help of robots. We have developed a 3D printed robot platform to assist with mission #1: shoreline cleanup.
Through embarking on 20 Field Tests, we’ve engaged with over 250 participants, including working with SHAD at Queen’s, the EONS Girl Guides unit, and Lake Ontario Waterkeeper. We’ve seen the educational impact first hand, resulting in us wanting to share it further.
We want to share our robots with the community, bringing STEM learning in action to groups in Kingston, Ottawa, and Toronto.
Bonus: We will have a robot rolling in to SparQ Studios at Queen’s University for the Kingston community to use!
YOU, the intrepid champion of Robot Missions, will be directly responsible for extending the impact and reaching more people with our vision.
What’s the goal? Coordinating workshops or Adopt-a-Bot for 25 groups
What will you do?
- Reach out to schools, community groups, clubs with our robot offerings (through email or in person)
- Learn about said groups current STEM programming, and what they find is missing
- Determine if the groups are interested in our offerings
- Determine what it will take for them toparticipate in one of them (ie, understanding if there are resources available, or if they would be requesting it pro-bono)
- Ideate how to adapt our workshops to their focus and needs
- Coordinating dates & times for workshops or Adopt-a-Bot
What do you need?
- Fun, energetic personality
- Commitment of 2-5 hours per week, for 6 weeks
- Start date would be in the new year (flexible)
- Ability to communicate with our team through Slack & Google Hangouts
- A sense of curiosity
What will you learn from this sprint?
- Skills for facilitating introductions between two parties (applications for business & marketing!)
- Improve written communication skills
- Experience working with a startup
- Hands-on work with the robot, and an introduction to robotics
Ready for the opportunity to try something different for 6 weeks?
Of course, if you wish to continue for longer, we’re more than happy to discuss. Any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sound interesting? Apply now!